Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Moderator: sentinelhyder

Buff

Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Post by Buff »

Shams throws out the latest update that the Kings, Blazers, T-Wolves, Pacers and Hawks (among others) are teams that are in on Ben.

He also mentions that John Collins has grown frustrated over his role in Atlanta.

Collins + Reddish works money wise. Collins fit with Tobias still here is questionable IMO, but he's a player.
headclown

Re: Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Post by headclown »

Buff wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:50 pm Shams throws out the latest update that the Kings, Blazers, T-Wolves, Pacers and Hawks (among others) are teams that are in on Ben.

He also mentions that John Collins has grown frustrated over his role in Atlanta.

Collins + Reddish works money wise. Collins fit with Tobias still here is questionable IMO, but he's a player.
I prefer Ben to come back and be committed to improving his game. However, I would seriously take John Collins and Cam Reddish in a HEARTBEAT. Collins immediately becomes your 4 and Toby moves to the 3. You trade Danny Green for whatever...just to get him off your roster....you might have to include some draft picks to make it work.

Your starting lineup immediately improves:
Maxey
Curry
Harris
Collins
Embiid

And our bench becomes super deep...although I would rather have Paul instead of Niang

Drummond
Niang
Reddish
Thybulle
Shake
Kork
Joe
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

I would love Reddish + Collins.

Adds some bouncy guys to this roster.

Turn around and do whatever it takes to clear Tobias
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

awfulstack wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:37 am I would love Reddish + Collins.

Adds some bouncy guys to this roster.

Turn around and do whatever it takes to clear Tobias
All of that. Need Tobi sent to the moon
Buff

Post by Buff »

Tobi has improved as of late, and the playoff experience of Green has some value.

That being said I think if that offer existed, it would be done already.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Speaking of, Spears and Windhorst reporting that the Sixers are trying to include Tobias in a Ben Simmons trade.

I remind you that Daryl traded Al Horford and Josh Richardson. If anyone can do it, he can.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

this is delicious. i have posted about my dislike of Harris. there were two times i kinda took it back, beginning of last year and game 1 against the wizards. but other than that cant stand him

no idea if any of these trade ideas actually help but im all for getting rid of harris
headclown

Post by headclown »

I just dont know what team would ever take on that contract. But, if they did, what kind of a hot mess would we have to take back?
Buff

Post by Buff »

I guess it's all perspective.

There were times when Horford was here, that he was the worst player on the court in our system. He missed more layups than anyone I can remember.

Tobi gets you almost 20 per night. Horford was getting you 11 and we still didn't need to take a huge hit on his deal.

Tobi's contract is obviously much worse, but he's also a much better player.

I think that anything is possible, but it sure will be interesting to see if Morey (who remember didn't sign Tobi himself) looks to put his real stamp on this team (which he hasn't done yet.)
Buff

Post by Buff »

My biggest issue with the "Do the deal now, don't waste a year of Embiid" crowd is just how important this trade could/will be.

If you hit, yeah for sure it's a title contender for Embiid's career.

If you miss, then what? Embiid is stuck again. Does he ask for a trade? Does our fickle media start calling for a rebuild without him in it?

You can't afford to mess up with this trade. You just can't. This is the potential trade that will define this entire generation of Sixers basketball. You don't do a trade just to do a trade with all of this on the line.

Sure the benefits of doing a trade that works are great, but the risk of organizational failure if you miss is MUCH higher.