Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Moderator: sentinelhyder

jrollin24

Re: Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Post by jrollin24 »

Buff wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:44 pm WOW...

Sabonis, Jeremy Lamb and Justin Holiday to Sacramento, and Tyrese Haliburton, Buddy Hield and Tristan Thompson to Indiana.

So much for holding on to Haliburton. I would have done that deal for Simmons + picks...
Gotta believe Morey could have had that package for Simmons. My guess - it is Harden/Beal/Lillard tier or bust, as it has been from day 1
Buff

Post by Buff »

To quote Zoo

"Hold on Alaa we're coming in for a landing."

This is gonna be crazy.
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

Not for nothing but if Simmons could get his head on in the NY market, the fit with Kyrie/KD is actually really good.
Buff

Post by Buff »

jrollin24 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:30 pm Not for nothing but if Simmons could get his head on in the NY market, the fit with Kyrie/KD is actually really good.
Simmons is going to be a great player in this league regardless of where he goes. If his shot ever comes around, he'll be a top 10 player in the league. Ben Simmons is just never going to play for us again, so you have to maximize that asset.
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

Buff wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:32 pm
jrollin24 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:30 pm Not for nothing but if Simmons could get his head on in the NY market, the fit with Kyrie/KD is actually really good.
Simmons is going to be a great player in this league regardless of where he goes. If his shot ever comes around, he'll be a top 10 player in the league. Ben Simmons is just never going to play for us again, so you have to maximize that asset.
Which is why I am not really sure trading him for a half year of Harden (who knows if Harden resigns - especially if he does not gel with Joel) makes a ton of sense.

Id focus on Dame and Beal and move him to a smaller team in rebuild mode. Not the one who may stand in the way of Joel getting to the Finals
Buff

Post by Buff »

jrollin24 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:54 pm
Buff wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:32 pm
Which is why I am not really sure trading him for a half year of Harden (who knows if Harden resigns - especially if he does not gel with Joel) makes a ton of sense.

Id focus on Dame and Beal and move him to a smaller team in rebuild mode. Not the one who may stand in the way of Joel getting to the Finals
Agreed, hence why I put the percentages I did on what happens at the deadline. I think Ben is still a Sixer after Thursday and the move is made in the offseason.
phtown

Post by phtown »

Damn. Haliburton on the move to Indiana.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Throw another wrench into the mix.

Beal done for the year with wrist surgery.

The next 2 days are gonna be insane.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Buff wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:54 pm Throw another wrench into the mix.

Beal done for the year with wrist surgery.

The next 2 days are gonna be insane.
For the rest of the league sure, but for the Sixers I doubt it

Maybe a George Hill quality move at best

Looking forward to the offseason rumors on Ben as it is 50/50 that a year from now this is still going on
Vegas Eagle Fan

Post by Vegas Eagle Fan »

Maybe Morey will let Simmons rot and continue to fine him until 2025. I'm being facetious, but it seems like this could have been resolved awhile ago, if Morey wasn't asking so much for Simmons.