Christopher

Re: Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Post by Christopher »

NON-UPDATE UPDATE:

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
·
2m
ESPN Sources: Agent for Ben Simmons – Klutch Sports CEO Rich Paul – met with Sixers’ Daryl Morey and Elton Brand to discuss status of stalemate today. Stances unchanged: Simmons no closer to playing this season – and Sixers determined to bring back a significant player in trade.
Gennosuke

Post by Gennosuke »

Atlanta really does need to make some changes if they want to salvage their season as they are getting smoked again tonight. Their defense has been horrendous this season, so Simmons could definitely help.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

I expect him to still be here after the trade deadline

Morey is not going to get the package quality that he desires
Simmons will just continue to sit and the rumors will just continue all summer
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

10% chance Simmons rejoins 76ers before playoffs
35% chance he starts next season as an active 76er
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:16 am I expect him to still be here after the trade deadline

The fact they have stopped fining him, and you hear less and less about the "mental issues" everyday is all you need to see. He's not coming back, and has zero incentive to do so.

With Dame now injured for the remainder of the year, I fully believe Simmons is still here in the summer.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Not sure what this means for 76ers-Hawks talks.

ESPN Sources: The Atlanta Hawks are trading forward Cam Reddish to the New York Knicks for a deal that includes a protected 2022 first-round pick via Charlotte. Knicks also acquire Solomon Hill and a 2025 second-round pick via Brooklyn in trade.
headclown

Post by headclown »

Christopher wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:35 pm Not sure what this means for 76ers-Hawks talks.

ESPN Sources: The Atlanta Hawks are trading forward Cam Reddish to the New York Knicks for a deal that includes a protected 2022 first-round pick via Charlotte. Knicks also acquire Solomon Hill and a 2025 second-round pick via Brooklyn in trade.
This is bad news for anyone hoping for a Hawks trade. Reddish would have been the key piece coming back. I dont think Collins was ever coming to Philly.

Morey needs to do something pretty quick. Tobias Harris is putting up some of the most hollow stats you will ever see and Joel is the only consistent thing right now. The Sixers need Ben back...but I truly believe NOTHING will bring him back to the team. The fact that the Sixers are paying him, makes me sick.
phtown

Post by phtown »

He's a crazy suggestion: trade the Harris/Simmons package to the Clippers for Paul George and Kawhi Leonard. They have played 26 games between them this year so it's probably not as one sided a deal as it appears to be.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:16 am I expect him to still be here after the trade deadline

that might not be the worst thing for people in the "bring him back" camp (like me, the Sixers are clearly better with him). you would think once he realizes he is not getting traded this year, he might want to get paid, increase his value and put on the uniform to help this team in 2022. Then worry about being traded in the summer.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:29 pm 10% chance Simmons rejoins 76ers before playoffs
35% chance he starts next season as an active 76er
Odds are higher that you play for the Sixers before Ben does again

How are you from 3 point range?