Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Moderator: sentinelhyder

headclown

Re: Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Post by headclown »

Jason Dumas
@JDumasReports
Update: Sixers have refused to include Tyrese Maxey in any deal with Brooklyn. Nets have countered with an asking price of Simmons, Curry, Thybulle, and Drummond. Sixers are hesitant to include Curry. Any deal would likely send Patty Mills to Philly aside from Harden.

I would have to seriously think about this deal if Mills is included. Hate losing Thybulle and to a lesser extent Drummond. I am a big fan of Bassey, but not sure he would be ready for that type of role, but he certainly more athletic then Drummond. Sixers would also have a huge hole at SF
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

i hate giving this guy Dumas' rumours any credence but f it.

yeah if it was Simmons Thybulle Drummond for Harden and Mills i think it gets done. I wouldn't include Curry. losing Drummond would hurt, we all remember the backup C position and how that void has cost them games, including playoff games.
Buff

Post by Buff »

sentinelhyder wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:40 pm i hate giving this guy Dumas' rumours any credence but f it.

yeah if it was Simmons Thybulle Drummond for Harden and Mills i think it gets done. I wouldn't include Curry. losing Drummond would hurt, we all remember the backup C position and how that void has cost them games, including playoff games.

Yup that's why I put Drummond so high on my tiers. He's the best backup Embiid has ever had. We remember the terrible stretches that we've gone through in the past without a solid backup big. You CANNOT go into the playoffs with Charles Bassey or Paul Reed as the main backup to Embiid.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

that's why its tough negotiating with a direct competitor/"rival" not only is there the value aspect of trades but they are looking to weaken you.
headclown

Post by headclown »

I have said over and over again, I dont really want Harden, but I also dont want to do nothing, and if Simmons is 100% not coming back, then I want him gone ASAP. I personally think Harden is dogging it a little bit due to the current situation with the Nets. So coming to Philly and play with Embiid would Sixer 4 legit scorer and 3 on the court that can get their own shot. Defense and rebounding really worries me and with this trade, you would have Danny Green as your SF with no Thybulle to back him up....ugh. Sixers would have to find the best available defensive minded, rebounding 3 to start if you get Harden.
Buff

Post by Buff »

headclown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:57 pm I have said over and over again, I dont really want Harden, but I also dont want to do nothing, and if Simmons is 100% not coming back, then I want him gone ASAP. I personally think Harden is dogging it a little bit due to the current situation with the Nets. So coming to Philly and play with Embiid would Sixer 4 legit scorer and 3 on the court that can get their own shot. Defense and rebounding really worries me and with this trade, you would have Danny Green as your SF with no Thybulle to back him up....ugh. Sixers would have to find the best available defensive minded, rebounding 3 to start if you get Harden.
My biggest concern with Harden isn't his age, or his contract that he'll get next year, it's the fact that this is potentially the 2nd team in 2 years he's tried to force his way off of. Houston and Brooklyn aren't the fan base Philly is. Can you imagine if he wants out of here if we do a deal like this?
headclown

Post by headclown »

I sure hope Morey has a backup plan...you will be a 1st or 2nd round exit in the playoffs if this team does not improve via trade.
headclown

Post by headclown »

Buff wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:03 pm
headclown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:57 pm I have said over and over again, I dont really want Harden, but I also dont want to do nothing, and if Simmons is 100% not coming back, then I want him gone ASAP. I personally think Harden is dogging it a little bit due to the current situation with the Nets. So coming to Philly and play with Embiid would Sixer 4 legit scorer and 3 on the court that can get their own shot. Defense and rebounding really worries me and with this trade, you would have Danny Green as your SF with no Thybulle to back him up....ugh. Sixers would have to find the best available defensive minded, rebounding 3 to start if you get Harden.
My biggest concern with Harden isn't his age, or his contract that he'll get next year, it's the fact that this is potentially the 2nd team in 2 years he's tried to force his way off of. Houston and Brooklyn aren't the fan base Philly is. Can you imagine if he wants out of here if we do a deal like this?
All part of the reason I really dont want him...but something MUST be done
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

dont blame harden for wanting out of Houston at the time, they were putrid. def concerning he wants out of the NEts situation given the talent. youd think he would want to see what a healthy big 3 could do there.
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

The Nets have every reason to take this down to the last minute so Morey can't make other moves to improve.

Woj also shot down the Windhorst report, which I had a feeling would happen.

I still think this is a summer time deal and we do not see anything happen beyond a George Hill type addition (Schroder/Burks).