Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Moderator: sentinelhyder

headclown

Re: Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Post by headclown »

Im sorry, I dont get all this love for Harden...honestly guys it is just crazy.

First off it would mean that they are going to do nothing this year, meaning you are going to have another MVP caliber season from Joel that WASTED.
Harden will be 33 and is in decline, why would you give a $40M contract to a guy like that
Simmons would then he would be going to the Nets where he and Durant will terrorized the Sixers on defense for years to come
A great deal of the fanbase will be up in arms if 10 Feb passes and no trade happens...especially when they are struggling with shit teams like they have been and have a quick exit from the playoffs again

Zero upside to keeping Ben all year long. And what certainty is there that the trade even happens in the off-season. Just do it now and it get it over with.
Buff

Post by Buff »

headclown wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:49 pm Im sorry, I dont get all this love for Harden...honestly guys it is just crazy.

First off it would mean that they are going to do nothing this year, meaning you are going to have another MVP caliber season from Joel that WASTED.
Harden will be 33 and is in decline, why would you give a $40M contract to a guy like that
Simmons would then he would be going to the Nets where he and Durant will terrorized the Sixers on defense for years to come
A great deal of the fanbase will be up in arms if 10 Feb passes and no trade happens...especially when they are struggling with shit teams like they have been and have a quick exit from the playoffs again

Zero upside to keeping Ben all year long. And what certainty is there that the trade even happens in the off-season. Just do it now and it get it over with.
So we're going to do the defining trade of the process just to "get it over with."

Got it.

Could it be that playing with a bunch of superstars made Harden's numbers go down, since he's not the focus of the offense? How would he look playing with a legit big for the first time in his career? There's a lot more than "he's aging and declining" going on here, and to do a deal just to "get it over with" gets you into the situation of mid-level/terrible teams. Did you not learn anything from the process? This has always been about "star hunting" as BB put it. If you trade for just anything, you've done nothing to benefit the franchise. Is this team winning a title this year with just some "guys" for Ben Simmons? Is this team wining it all with Domatas Sabonis? C'mon now. If you miss on Harden, at least you tried something that had the potential to win a championship. Getting mid-level players gets you nothing and maybe even sets you back for settling. You've got a star player, tradition holds that you never get appropriate value for a star player. You don't have many "star for star" trades because GMs don't have the vision to hold out for appropriate value. They cave to the people like you who say do it just to "get it over with" and take little value back. I for one have faith that Morey will do what's best for this team not just for this year but for the foreseeable future.
headclown

Post by headclown »

No Im saying you would be wasting Joels best year ever. Now maybe the right trade does not come, but I dont want a 33 year old Harden who is out of shape. And then like I mentioned facing Ben and Durant...no thanks
Buff

Post by Buff »

headclown wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:51 pm No Im saying you would be wasting Joels best year ever. Now maybe the right trade does not come, but I dont want a 33 year old Harden who is out of shape. And then like I mentioned facing Ben and Durant...no thanks
Does Joel turn into a pumpkin after this season ends? He's improving, he's getting better, he's 27 years old, he's only been playing basketball for 11 years! He's not the guy you rush into fitting square pegs into round holes to try and maximize a single year. That's how you end up with Al Horford. Trust the process.
headclown

Post by headclown »

I guess we will agree to disagree...all good. And no he does not turn into a pumkin, but you never know with big guys. I think this is a year that can be had in basketball...every team has weaknesses. Sadly and as much as I hated part of his game, Simmons is the best fit for this team. And having an empty locker does nothing for this team and they will be short handed the rest of the year if something is not done.
rob630

Post by rob630 »

I would like nothing more than for Ben to put on his big boy pants and come back focused and motivated. I would also love to win the Powerball. But both of those things are equally unlikely.

I'm on the fence about Harden. Not sure I would want to give up what it would take to get him and would prefer someone younger.

It will be interesting to see what Morey has up his sleeve.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

Morey failed once trying to do a Simmons Harden deal. I guess things could be different from Harden and Nets point of view this summer but that is the bet I suppose. We also have to consider a lot of this is subterfuge and use of media by the players/owners/ agents, etc.
headclown

Post by headclown »

So at this point, let's assume that Simmons is NOT being traded and he is NOT playing for the Sixers this year. What is next for this team?

Get healthy...really missing Thybulle and Shake....not really missing Danny Green
Fire Rivers...LOL J/K, not really but it will never happen
There still has to be trades that can help this team
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

headclown wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:11 pm So at this point, let's assume that Simmons is NOT being traded and he is NOT playing for the Sixers this year. What is next for this team?

Get healthy...really missing Thybulle and Shake....not really missing Danny Green
Fire Rivers...LOL J/K, not really but it will never happen
There still has to be trades that can help this team
The only question is, do they get knocked out in round 1 or round 2. I feel sorry for Embiid, he deserves better
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

headclown wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:49 pm Im sorry, I dont get all this love for Harden...honestly guys it is just crazy.

I don't want Harden, but the rest of this is fucking dumb.

Whatever deals you can make now, you can make in the summer. Those deals aren't going away. But deals you can make in the summer that you can't make now are the ones you have to wait for. None of those deals are going to move the needle that significantly. Morey should be able to add some athleticism to improve the bench, he should be able to sign two veterans after post TD buyouts.

You can't lose the last asset you have remaining or the next trade is moving Embiid. This has to be the one as I said the very day Colangelo traded Jerami Grant for Ersan Ilyasova. How many of you remember me warning that once you start trying to jumpstart a rebuild, you wind up chasing until you've got nothing left. That's where they are. They have pissed away young players before they had full value, they pissed away draft picks including them in deals, they burned cap space on guys who were too one-dimensional.

Being in the situation they're in now, they have to take the chance on not capitalizing on Embiid's season because the rest of his career would be compromised if you don't get him the best compliment. So, we wait.