Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Moderator: sentinelhyder

BelmontShore
Site Admin

Re: Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Post by BelmontShore »

They have to wait unless someone decides to step up.
headclown

Post by headclown »

Amazing how it has gotten lost that you have a person that abandoned his team. Simmons has played the long game and has received most of his money this year for being a coward and a traitor. As with anyone in therapy, there has to be a goal and if he truly was having mental issues, eventually it would be a goal to come back to his team and attempt to be member of his team.

I get it that it is over, but the pass the Simmons is getting should not be lost either.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

His situation is not lost on anyone. he's gone, may as well talk about getting value in return. Heck Shaq tonight called him a 'crybaby."' this a commentator talking about a current player.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

headclown wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:34 pm Amazing how it has gotten lost that you have a person that abandoned his team. Simmons has played the long game and has received most of his money this year for being a coward and a traitor. As with anyone in therapy, there has to be a goal and if he truly was having mental issues, eventually it would be a goal to come back to his team and attempt to be member of his team.

I get it that it is over, but the pass the Simmons is getting should not be lost either.
This is a dumb, childish outlook.

Grow the fuck up.

The organization abandoned him 4 times. Four. He sees the writing on the wall and just wants to restart his career with a team that values him and will build around him. He was told when he signed the contract that he and Embiid were the twin pillars of the team. Equals. That was a lie.

He got over that and played the season only to have both Embiid and Rivers throw him under the bus, then the fans only blamed him. He knows how Philadelphia is, he sees it every day. Jalen Hurts is going through it right now. Ben Simmons is the scapegoat and the trade piece.

All he's saying let's stop playing at it and just get it out of the way because his anxiety issues can't take the not knowing, the uncertainty. Anyone who has ever experienced anxiety knows what not knowing does to you.

We want him to play because it makes us happy to see the 76ers win. This is unimportant. Get over it. He's gone. Stop attaching your own personal feelings, stop acting like the hurt party.

Ben Simmons deserves to be happy. If he's not happy playing on the team I root for then I don't want him here and I'll wait patiently until that day and welcome the next.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Vince Goodwill says on Chris Haynes podcast that the Sixers have apparently offered Simmons and Maxey plus filler/picks for Harden.

Don't like that at all.

I'm all in on star hunting, and I know you have to give to get, but Embiid (obviously) and Maxey are untouchable if I'm the Sixers. Anyone else is fair game.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Now we hear that team executives may be asking the league to look into tampering between the 76ers and Harden.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

BelmontShore wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:13 am

Grow the fuck up.

The organization abandoned him 4 times. Four. He sees the writing on the wall and just wants to restart his career with a team that values him and will build around him. He was told when he signed the contract that he and Embiid were the twin pillars of the team. Equals. That was a lie.

He got over that and played the season only to have both Embiid and Rivers throw him under the bus, then the fans only blamed him. He knows how Philadelphia is, he sees it every day. Jalen Hurts is going through it right now. Ben Simmons is the scapegoat and the trade piece.

All he's saying let's stop playing at it and just get it out of the way because his anxiety issues can't take the not knowing, the uncertainty. Anyone who has ever experienced anxiety knows what not knowing does to you.

We want him to play because it makes us happy to see the 76ers win. This is unimportant. Get over it. He's gone. Stop attaching your own personal feelings, stop acting like the hurt party.

Ben Simmons deserves to be happy. If he's not happy playing on the team I root for then I don't want him here and I'll wait patiently until that day and welcome the next.
Disagree.

#1 pick. Star player on a team with high hopes to reach the Finals three of the last 4 years. Of course there is pressure. Of course he is under a microscope. This is his 6th year in the NBA. Hurts just finished his second (first as a starter). Turn off WIP.

If the Sixers abanodned him 4 times, why did he sign a max deal contract to stay here?

No team is going to build around Ben Simmons in his state. No one. Only thing he can do to fix 80% of the issue is to play and show he can play.

He didn't handle the playoffs well. Fell off and disappeared when it was his time to step up. If it's mental, OK then.

Again, if all this came out before the Hawks series, this would all be a different story. If he was a second round pick forced into a tight situation cause of injury. Ok wasn''t necessary his fault.

I too don't want Ben here if he is not happy, but holding out is not helping his own situation.
headclown

Post by headclown »

Shaq said it best last night about Ben. And Bel you are not objective about Ben and this situation. You never have been. Im not sure why. I dont care what the situation or how much you hate management or the franchise, you DONT let the other players suffer like he is doing...you DONT abandon your teammates.
headclown

Post by headclown »

New rumor out there is Simmons and Maxey for Harden. If Morey was to do this, I would have a hard time rooting for this team as long as Morey was there. I want no part of Harden and to include Maxey is ridiculous. Do the Sacramento trade and end this bullshit.
headclown

Post by headclown »

Well according to Woj, Sac is out of the Ben Simmons discussions. Morey has fucked this