Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Moderator: sentinelhyder

Buff

Re: Ben Simmons Rumor Season

Post by Buff »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:44 pm
Buff wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:54 pm Throw another wrench into the mix.

Beal done for the year with wrist surgery.

The next 2 days are gonna be insane.
For the rest of the league sure, but for the Sixers I doubt it

Maybe a George Hill quality move at best

Looking forward to the offseason rumors on Ben as it is 50/50 that a year from now this is still going on
I mean Morey said (rightfully so) that he'd let this go as long as he needs to.

That being said, this is all shaping up for an offseason move. I'd be shocked if he's on the Sixers opening day next year.
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

Vegas Eagle Fan wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:31 am Maybe Morey will let Simmons rot and continue to fine him until 2025. I'm being facetious, but it seems like this could have been resolved awhile ago, if Morey wasn't asking so much for Simmons.
It is all speculation on what teams are actually offering for Simmons. I have a feeling it is quite lower than some of the names this fanbase thinks they can get with the current situation, which includes a broken player that has shown a willingness to walk away instead of committing to improvements
Buff

Post by Buff »

So there's a few tiers I see with the players on the team (excluding Simmons)

Tier 1 - Untouchable at any cost

Embiid

Tier 2 - Blow me away with way overvalue (meaning more than just Harden) and we can maybe talk

Maxey
Drummond (who's not going anywhere if only because of the role he plays as Embiid's backup)

Tier 3 - We'd move them for the right price

Thybulle
Curry

Tier 3.5 - Good player but probably not desirable with his contract

Harris

Tier 4 - They're available and possibly desirable

Green
Milton
Korkmaz
Niang
Joe
Reed

Tier 5 - Lottery tickets

Springer
Bassey
Brown
Powell

So I think the formula is Simmons plus 1 from Tier 3, plus 1 from Tier 4 or 5 plus a pick and you might have a deal. Otherwise hold Simmons till the offseason.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

way too much smoke now. my guess is simmons for harden is being seriously discussed but Morey is simultaneously figuring out replacing the players going with Simmons so they can field a team.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Looks like it may happen

John Clark
@JClarkNBCS
·

Sixers and Nets are talking about a Ben Simmons for James Harden trade and it is trending towards a deal happening, according to
@WindhorstESPN

Nets are asking for Ben Simmons and two or three other players, according to
@WindhorstESPN
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

Windhorst also had Lowry dealt to the Sixers last deadline, so I do take some of his stuff as a grain of salt. He was basically the Lebron/Cavs insider and now is seen in the same light as Woj/Shams, which I don't think he has those "sources"
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

if thats the report about the Nets asking for Maxey and Thybulle, i wouldn't be alarmed. im sure at some point they did ask for those two players. i would think Morey told them in no uncertain terms that Maxey is off the table. i could see thybulle being moved.
headclown

Post by headclown »

That would be nasty with Ben Durant and Thybulle on the court at the same time...Durant might have to put up 40 a game though
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

yeah kinda lost in all this is the possibility of Ben playing for a direct contender and having to deal with him for years. Sucks, really wish he was out in Sacto or Portland