2022 NFL Draft Discussion

Moderator: FolesMVP09

Jamesj30t

Re: 2022 NFL Draft Discussion

Post by Jamesj30t »

headclown wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:54 pm McShay has his new draft out with 2 rounds has us getting:

15 CB Trent McDuffy
18 LB Devon Lloyd
51 DE Ojabo

He might be great, but CB out of Washington playing in a weak ass PAC 12 has me scared as shit
I really wanted Lloyd, when they had 3 picks and did not land White in FA....so this pick makes no sense to me
2nd round pick for an Achilles tear....where have we seen this before.

IMO, the EAGLES MUST get a WR in the 1st round. plain and fucking simple.

If you dont, then the Eagles show they have no interest in giving Jalen the weapons need to improve
phtown

Post by phtown »

Which 2 do you like?
CB
McDuffie
Stingley
DL
Davis (DT)
Karlaftis (ED)
WR
Jameson
Olave
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

phtown wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:08 am Which 2 do you like?
CB
McDuffie
Stingley
DL
Davis (DT)
Karlaftis (ED)
WR
Jameson
Olave

Davis
Stingley
headclown

Post by headclown »

Would love Stingley and Jameson Williams, but would not balk at getting Olave instead of Williams.

I do like the Eagles trade, but how nice would Davis Stingley and Williams look.
phtown

Post by phtown »

Howie is passing up on another starter for sure. Not all six of those guys will be there but 4 or 5 probably will. If Jameson Williams is gone they may pass on Olave because he projects as a similar player to Smith (not that that would stop me). If they go CB and DL then they will probably get a shot at a boom or bust WR at 51. And there will be Edge rushers at 51 too.
headclown

Post by headclown »

A lot of talk and speculation that the Eagles could still be in on drafting a QB in round 1. If they do, I will be pissed beyond belief.

They already traded away 1 first round pick this year, and while they got good value, it is a player that they wont have to support the team or Jalen this year
If they were to take a QB, it is essentially a wasted pick for this year. Hurts has amazing composure, but even he would feel the extra pressure on every play.
While I agree that the team did improve their squad this off-season, they still have a BUNCH of holes that need to be filled in the draft and they still need depth for aging veterans

I just think, especially after trading away a pick, that both players drafted this year in the 1st round must be impactful player for this years team, not a project or a backup.
phtown

Post by phtown »

Where is this talk coming from? Seems unlikely since they gave up a pick. Maybe they want the field to think so in order to induce a team to trade up ahead of 15 and thereby push down another player to us.
Weapon X

Post by Weapon X »

headclown wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:24 pm A lot of talk and speculation that the Eagles could still be in on drafting a QB in round 1. If they do, I will be pissed beyond belief.

They already traded away 1 first round pick this year, and while they got good value, it is a player that they wont have to support the team or Jalen this year
If they were to take a QB, it is essentially a wasted pick for this year. Hurts has amazing composure, but even he would feel the extra pressure on every play.
While I agree that the team did improve their squad this off-season, they still have a BUNCH of holes that need to be filled in the draft and they still need depth for aging veterans

I just think, especially after trading away a pick, that both players drafted this year in the 1st round must be impactful player for this years team, not a project or a backup.
Don’t you think this smoke is to get another “stupid” GM to trade up for a QB?
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Another mock draft

London/Wyatt

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 523389002/

If Jordan Davis is there at 15 (they have him going 16), I'd take him. I don't think he gets past the Ravens though

2 weeks to go
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

I found this article on all of the Eagles 1st round busts interesting

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ ... es-history