Philadelphia Phillies 2021 Offseason

Moderator: Christopher

headclown

Re: Philadelphia Phillies 2021 Offseason

Post by headclown »

For Mullins I would seriously consider it, but why would Baltimore even consider that?
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

Bohm's probably better off in LF than 3B.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

headclown wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:26 am For Mullins I would seriously consider it, but why would Baltimore even consider that?
Apparently they are listening to offers, and they are also an immensely stupid franchise. They will have MANY offers.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Since this impacts the Phillies - posting this here

Mets to sign Marte 4/78

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/11/ ... marte.html

Mets also signed Canha & Escobar today
headclown

Post by headclown »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:58 am Since this impacts the Phillies - posting this here

Mets to sign Marte 4/78

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/11/ ... marte.html

Mets also signed Canha & Escobar today
No wonder he signed immediately, that is crazy money for Marte...but nonetheless, he is always a pain in the Phillies ass. The other 2 provide a lot of flexibility and power, but they have been in the decline.

I am very intrigued what Dombroski and Co are going to do...Mets are not standing pat that is obvious.
Michael Jack

Post by Michael Jack »

I actually thought he would get more. A lot of teams need a CF and I figured there would be a bidding war, especially since no compensation is required. It really stinks that the Mets got him. I guess if the Phils are going to get a CF now, it's going to have to be through a trade.
ConnieMack

Post by ConnieMack »

headclown wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:26 am For Mullins I would seriously consider it, but why would Baltimore even consider that?
Baltimore also is listening to offers on John Means, 28 year old big Righty with a career 3.82 era.

Dombrowski will have to part with all those prospects in the above scenario for a Mullins / Means deal, RHP Mick Abel (Phillies’ No. 1 prospect), SS Bryson Stott (Phillies’ No. 2 prospect), OF Ethan Wilson (Phillies’ No. 7 prospect), C Logan O’Hoppe (Phillies’ No. 11 prospect).

You would get a 27 year old power/speed Cf and a 28 year old SP who might slot in at # 2 in the rotation.

Means under team control till 2024 and Mullins till 2025.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Interesting haul of hitters for the Mets. But they still need (a lot of) pitching. Let's sign Stroman away from them.
Phillies have a lot of work to do.
Essentially the Mets haven't signed any superstars, but they're really boosted their depth and positional flexibility. That's what the Phillies must do.
headclown

Post by headclown »

ConnieMack wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:23 pm
Baltimore also is listening to offers on John Means, 28 year old big Righty with a career 3.82 era.

Dombrowski will have to part with all those prospects in the above scenario for a Mullins / Means deal, RHP Mick Abel (Phillies’ No. 1 prospect), SS Bryson Stott (Phillies’ No. 2 prospect), OF Ethan Wilson (Phillies’ No. 7 prospect), C Logan O’Hoppe (Phillies’ No. 11 prospect).

You would get a 27 year old power/speed Cf and a 28 year old SP who might slot in at # 2 in the rotation.

Means under team control till 2024 and Mullins till 2025.
Now you do a Mean and Mullins deal, Im in...But for me I would give up Painter versus Abel. But TBH, I dont think the Phillies are trading Stott...the Bryce friendship and his ability.

But one thing is for certain, they need to get their ass in motion and get something done....They have a shit load of moves to make and they can not wait like they did last year.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

And of course we have the CBA expiring on Wednesday.

I think the signings that will happen between now and Wednesday -- before what will likely be a long freezeout by the onwers -- will reflect the players who want to get themselves under contract more than it reflect individual teams' overall plans for offseason signings & trades. Generally, the guys who are signing right now are being overpaid -- or the they want the security of a contract before the crazy rush to sign guys, probably in late Jan/Feb.