Philadelphia Phillies 2021 Offseason

Moderator: Christopher

mrmountie

Re: Philadelphia Phillies 2021 Offseason

Post by mrmountie »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:32 pm
Michael Jack wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:16 pm
awfulstack wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:09 pm So Johan Rojas.

Already saying he is an elite defender in center. Will start in Reading, any realistic chance he has an impact this year? I feel like a gold glove CF alone without the bat would be a huge boost.
Everyone is talking about how bad the defense will be, but Schwarber and Castellanos won't make it any worse than it was last year. Good defensive teams are strong up the middle. JT is the best at C and Segura is above average at 2B. The problem is at SS and CF. Didi's range is gone, but I expect him to be better than last year. Maybe Stott is the answer in the future -- maybe even this year.
-
I think you could see Rojas come up mid-season.
Highly unlikely - 21 year old still learning how to hit

Maybe 2023
You're 100% right and it's still not the norm but it's a bummer reading this and remembering in this division there are two guys who at 21/22 were getting top 5 MVP finishes.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

1. Willingness to sign top players from Japan
2. Ability to draft well
3. Ability/willingness to snag international guys like Soto, Acuna

If the Phillies could erase just ONE of those three deficiencies, let alone two or three, it would be a whole new ballgame.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

mrmountie wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:26 pm
FolesMVP09 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:32 pm
Michael Jack wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:16 pm Everyone is talking about how bad the defense will be, but Schwarber and Castellanos won't make it any worse than it was last year. Good defensive teams are strong up the middle. JT is the best at C and Segura is above average at 2B. The problem is at SS and CF. Didi's range is gone, but I expect him to be better than last year. Maybe Stott is the answer in the future -- maybe even this year.
-
I think you could see Rojas come up mid-season.
Highly unlikely - 21 year old still learning how to hit

Maybe 2023
You're 100% right and it's still not the norm but it's a bummer reading this and remembering in this division there are two guys who at 21/22 were getting top 5 MVP finishes.
Yeah -I would be fine with it, but no shot that they do it