Philadelphia Phillies 2021 Offseason

Moderator: Christopher

Michael Jack

Re: Philadelphia Phillies 2021 Offseason

Post by Michael Jack »

Mets are being aggressive, as well as the Rangers and Blue Jays, while the Phillies front office is busy watching football.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

mrmountie wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:02 am Mids going to try selling "getting the band back together" after trading Jean for Kimbrel, signing Cesar and Galvis and having Diekman be their other bullpen addition.
Thanks, Krampus.
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

I know the appeal to big Nicky C.

But man the Phillies have turned into a terrible defensive team.

I'd prefer Story even if worse offensively to provide plus defense at short.

Then trade for a plus defender in CF, and I think you can find a LF pretty inexpensively with some pop.
Michael Jack

Post by Michael Jack »

Castellanos is defensively challenged in the OF, but he certainly would be the hitter to protect Harper and down the road, probably moves to 1B.
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

I think Bohm/Hoskins already need to be 1b/DH, adding another guy that should be a DH doesn't make a ton of sense for me.

The Phillies need to fix their defense as much as their offense.
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

Getting Nicky C means you need something to ship out Bohm/Hoskins for a SP2/SP3 type deal

Personally would rather have Bryant with his versatility and relationship with Bryce
Michael Jack

Post by Michael Jack »

I'm not saying I would go the 7-8 years Castellanos reportedly wants, but he's the best bat available. He can play LF until Hoskins becomes a FA and the Phillies are dead set on playing Bohm at 3B.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Jon Morosi
@jonmorosi
The #Mariners and #Phillies are among the teams I’ve heard linked to Kris Bryant in the last several days.

Jesse Dougherty
@dougherty_jesse
@JonHeyman linked the Nationals with Chris Taylor this morning. Also said Phillies and Marlins are interested. The qualifying offer is important context, though maybe less so if WSH really sees a two/three-year window to reboot their roster and compete.

=====================

A Bryant + Taylor signing combo would suddenly make this a really flexible and interesting roster/lineup.
Michael Jack

Post by Michael Jack »

I would like to have Bryant, especially since he'd come without compensation. I also think Bryant could play CF. He wouldn't be a Gold Glover, but he's probably be better than anyone they threw out there last year (except for Jankowski). I would also like to see the Phils look into Schwarber, who also won't require compensation. I don't think I'd want to give up compensation for Taylor. I like him as a player and his numbers really aren't that far from Bryant's, but while he can play a lot of positions, he's not great at any of them. I would give up compensation for Castellanos, Correa and Story, but the Phils haven't been linked to any of the SS.
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

Gonna laugh when the big signing is Andrelton Simmons lol.