Philadelphia Phillies 2021 Offseason

Moderator: Christopher

FolesMVP09

Re: Philadelphia Phillies 2021 Offseason

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Christopher wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:36 pm Still available: Correa, Freeman, Bryant, Story, Castellanos, Stroman, Baez, Schwarber, Taylor, Iglesias, Rodon, Rizzo, Soler, Wood, Jansen, K. Seager, Conforto, Kershaw, Kikuchi, Knebel, Greinke
I have zero confidence that they will do anything that will change our negativity
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Great day, Phillies.
So proud. So psyched.
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

Middleton lol
ConnieMack

Post by ConnieMack »

Christopher wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:31 pm Philadelphia Phillies
@Phillies
The Phillies have claimed RHP Yoan López off waivers from the Atlanta Braves. To make room on the 40-man roster, OF Roman Quinn was designated for assignment.

**Not sure we'll do a Roman Quinn Appreciation Thread, given the circumstances**
He was the longest tenured Player in the organization from their draft dates ( 2011), gotta have some type of recognition for that and and his 456 total at bats as a Phil.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

ConnieMack wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:34 am
Christopher wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:31 pm Philadelphia Phillies
@Phillies
The Phillies have claimed RHP Yoan López off waivers from the Atlanta Braves. To make room on the 40-man roster, OF Roman Quinn was designated for assignment.

**Not sure we'll do a Roman Quinn Appreciation Thread, given the circumstances**
He was the longest tenured Player in the organization from their draft dates ( 2011), gotta have some type of recognition for that and and his 456 total at bats as a Phil.
Looking forward to his Wall of Fame ceremony
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Corey Knebel the perfect Phillies move, if the sign him: Get good press for a minor move that costs very little.
#BottomShopping
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I don't mind if they overpay for Schwarber, but I'll also only judge signing him in conjunction with whatever else they do, because LF/DH/emergency 1B does not give them the kind of positional flexibility of other potential signings.
headclown

Post by headclown »

Tomorrow will tell us more! If the Phillies are going to be players, you would think Tuesday will be an active one for the Phils...I expect 2 signings, that would be my guess.
mrmountie

Post by mrmountie »

Christopher wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:43 am I don't mind if they overpay for Schwarber, but I'll also only judge signing him in conjunction with whatever else they do, because LF/DH/emergency 1B does not give them the kind of positional flexibility of other potential signings.
I like Schwarber a lot (think they should have picked him up last year to platoon with Cutch/be Cutch insurance) and have been asking for them to trade for Nicky C on like a yearly basis going back to when he was a prospect in rumored Hamels deals but getting them now when they're going to get big bucks and calling that their big move instead of when they could have just done it before on more "reasonable" (don't give a shit how much they spend so whatever) deals and made the teams the last few years better is such a Phillies thing to do.
Michael Jack

Post by Michael Jack »

I like Castellanos and Schwarber but you can't take both unless you are trading Hoskins, which we all know they aren't.