Around the League Playoff GDT

Moderator: FolesMVP09

headclown

Re: Around the League Playoff GDT

Post by headclown »

Not much will be said, but McVay was horrible today. His play calls on 2nd/3rd and 4th and short were terrible and his challenges were stupid and irresponsible. Rams should have won this game by double digits...but either way, they made it. But I will going for the underdog Bengals....love me some Joe Burrow. Although, I am a Stafford fan and happy he has finally played on a good team.
headclown

Post by headclown »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:20 am Kyle Shanahan's last 3 playoff losses

28-3 lead vs NE (was the OC)
Up ten in the 4th in the SB against KC
Up ten today in the 4th
Some coaches ...cough cough Glenn Rivers, dont have a clue on how to coach with a lead. They change what got them the lead....and hence they lose. If you dont respect the lead and try to make it a blowout, sometimes you will end up losing
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

headclown wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:23 am Not much will be said, but McVay was horrible today. His play calls on 2nd/3rd and 4th and short were terrible and his challenges were stupid and irresponsible. Rams should have won this game by double digits...but either way, they made it. But I will going for the underdog Bengals....love me some Joe Burrow. Although, I am a Stafford fan and happy he has finally played on a good team.
He is a fraud coach. Their talent overcomes his stupidity constantly
rob630

Post by rob630 »

My earlier criticism of Jimmy G. was maybe a little unfair, because it wasn't all his fault. Near the end, defense failed them, O-line did not protect, and Shanahan's play calling was suspect.

Having said that, Jimmy played okay for some of the game but not in the 4th qtr. He needed to be great at the end, but that is asking too much of his ability.
headclown

Post by headclown »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:29 am
headclown wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:23 am Not much will be said, but McVay was horrible today. His play calls on 2nd/3rd and 4th and short were terrible and his challenges were stupid and irresponsible. Rams should have won this game by double digits...but either way, they made it. But I will going for the underdog Bengals....love me some Joe Burrow. Although, I am a Stafford fan and happy he has finally played on a good team.
He is a fraud coach. Their talent overcomes his stupidity constantly
I think he is a good coach, but he made a lot of mistakes....but so did Andy Reid, so it happens.
jrollin24

Post by jrollin24 »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:17 am
rob630 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:41 am Horrible QB play by Jimmy G. most of that 4th qtr. For anyone that entertained the idea of Jimmy G. coming here for Hurts... yeah I don't think so.
I don't think Hurts will be a top tier qb, but Jimmy G is just a guy
This. At this point, you only make a move for Watson or Wilson. And the trade value for both just went up now that another team has entered the mix (TB). If Kelce retires and with Graham/Johnson/Cox on the wrong side of 30, I don't see a true contender here, and just don't think it is worth trading the draft capital since this team needs so much.

Jalen can "grow", but he's not going to become a Burrow/Mahomes/Allen. Eagles should be doing everything they can to find the next one of those for the next 10+ years. I'd try to trade one of the 1sts for a 3rd and 2023 1st. Have those 2 2023 1sts for some real ammo to go up and get a QB in what should be a better class than the 2022 group.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

jrollin24 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:05 pm
FolesMVP09 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:17 am
rob630 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:41 am Horrible QB play by Jimmy G. most of that 4th qtr. For anyone that entertained the idea of Jimmy G. coming here for Hurts... yeah I don't think so.
I don't think Hurts will be a top tier qb, but Jimmy G is just a guy
This. At this point, you only make a move for Watson or Wilson. And the trade value for both just went up now that another team has entered the mix (TB). If Kelce retires and with Graham/Johnson/Cox on the wrong side of 30, I don't see a true contender here, and just don't think it is worth trading the draft capital since this team needs so much.

Jalen can "grow", but he's not going to become a Burrow/Mahomes/Allen. Eagles should be doing everything they can to find the next one of those for the next 10+ years. I'd try to trade one of the 1sts for a 3rd and 2023 1st. Have those 2 2023 1sts for some real ammo to go up and get a QB in what should be a better class than the 2022 group.
I don't think anyone who thinks they'll miss the playoffs next year will trade their 2023 first-round pick. And the Eagles will probably be right in the 9-10 win range next year. So you'd go from having 3 picks in the upper teens this year to 2 picks in the upper teens this year + 2 picks in the upper teens next year (plus the third rounder). And two picks in the upper teens doesn't get you very close to moving into the Top 3-4 of any draft. ....

So I'm not opposed to trading one of the 3 first-rounders for a future first-rounder, but I probably only do it if someone they really like isn't there come pick time. This team can fill a lot of holes with those 3 first-rounders, may as well start filling them.
headclown

Post by headclown »

Please stop with the Wilson and or Watson. First off, Neither wants to come here. After Brooks retired, the Eagles have $25M available but still have a bunch of needs. 5 of their defensive starters are FA so they will need to restock on defense and you still need receivers. Either QB will cost you at the very least 2 1st round picks and a 2nd or 3rd....at best...at worst it could be 3 1st rounders and still another later round pick.

People are forgetting Jalen is 23 years old. And while not having a huge arm, he has a strong enough arm...plenty of very good QBs did not have a cannon on their shoulder. I would ask that you give him another year in the system, another year with new and improved talent and another year with a play caller that is also working through his inexperience. It would idiotic to give up all that draft capital and salary cap space when you dont have a complete team and you have a cheap option that is young and can improve
Jamesj30t

Post by Jamesj30t »

headclown wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:54 pm Please stop with the Wilson and or Watson. First off, Neither wants to come here. After Brooks retired, the Eagles have $25M available but still have a bunch of needs. 5 of their defensive starters are FA so they will need to restock on defense and you still need receivers. Either QB will cost you at the very least 2 1st round picks and a 2nd or 3rd....at best...at worst it could be 3 1st rounders and still another later round pick.

People are forgetting Jalen is 23 years old. And while not having a huge arm, he has a strong enough arm...plenty of very good QBs did not have a cannon on their shoulder. I would ask that you give him another year in the system, another year with new and improved talent and another year with a play caller that is also working through his inexperience. It would idiotic to give up all that draft capital and salary cap space when you dont have a complete team and you have a cheap option that is young and can improve
Yeah the best chance is to forward one of the 1st round picks to the '23 draft. Then use the picks to build the defense (DT, DE, CB, LB) and a WR and backup OL.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

31-20 Rams