2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Moderator: FolesMVP09

Christopher

Re: 2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by Christopher »

Jamesj30t wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:43 pm
headclown wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:09 am I think there is enough talent in this years draft that I want the Eagles to keep all 3 picks and take those impact players.
What about if they need a QB next draft. They may trade away a 1st round this year to get a 1st round next year.
If the situation is truly bad enough that they need to draft a QB in 2023, it probably ALSO means that they're sitting on a Top 8 pick of their own. Which is a good enough spot to start from if you have to start manuevering.
headclown

Post by headclown »

It's early for Mock drafts, but Daniel Jerimiah's came out today...and boy oh boy, I want none of the shit he was shuffling. He had the Eagles going:

DE Karaloftis..Not sure what to think about this guy....kind of a Ryan Kerrigan clone
WR Drake London...Eagles just dont have the luck with these PAC-10 receivers
OG Kenyon Green...this is the pick I really hate

Dean and Linderbaum were still on the board for all the Eagles picks along with Garrett Wilson and Jameson Williams
Jamesj30t

Post by Jamesj30t »

Interesting mock draft. It assumes Howie will use all the picks which is probably not going to happen.
If Leal is the best DLine (DE, DT) at that pick then BPA Dline. They can shift Milton Williams to DE and Brandon Graham
I am hearing will be brought back. Only thing is WR is still a need. Perhaps they just need a good WR # 2 which they can
get in FA and move Quez Wantkins to 3 with Greg Ward to 4. JJAW and Reagor can both kick rocks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nf ... d=msedgntp

Pick 15: DeMarvin Leal, Defensive Lineman, Texas A&M
Pick 16: Tyler Linderbaum, Center, Iowa
Pick 19: Ahmad Gardner, Cornerback, Cincinnati
Pick 51: Drake Jackson, Edge, USC
Pick 83: Brandon Smith, Linebacker, Penn State
Pick 120: Breece Hall, Running Back, Iowa
Pick 152: Greg Dulich, Tight End, UCLA
Pick 160: Justyn Ross, Wide Receiver, Clemson
Pick 164: Isaac Taylor-Stuart, Cornerback, USC
Pick 194: Charleston Rambo, Wide Receiver, Miami
Pick 207: James Empey, Center, BYU
headclown

Post by headclown »

Jamesj30t wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:30 pm Interesting mock draft. It assumes Howie will use all the picks which is probably not going to happen.
If Leal is the best DLine (DE, DT) at that pick then BPA Dline. They can shift Milton Williams to DE and Brandon Graham
I am hearing will be brought back. Only thing is WR is still a need. Perhaps they just need a good WR # 2 which they can
get in FA and move Quez Wantkins to 3 with Greg Ward to 4. JJAW and Reagor can both kick rocks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nf ... d=msedgntp

Pick 15: DeMarvin Leal, Defensive Lineman, Texas A&M
Pick 16: Tyler Linderbaum, Center, Iowa
Pick 19: Ahmad Gardner, Cornerback, Cincinnati
Pick 51: Drake Jackson, Edge, USC
Pick 83: Brandon Smith, Linebacker, Penn State
Pick 120: Breece Hall, Running Back, Iowa
Pick 152: Greg Dulich, Tight End, UCLA
Pick 160: Justyn Ross, Wide Receiver, Clemson
Pick 164: Isaac Taylor-Stuart, Cornerback, USC
Pick 194: Charleston Rambo, Wide Receiver, Miami
Pick 207: James Empey, Center, BYU
Leal is built like Milton Williams....you can not have starting DL that does not have 1 300 lbs'ers
Linderbaum...take it
Gardner....love it, but he will be gone by then
Jackson...not a fan of USC players
Smith...love it, but he will be gone
Breece Hall...love it, but he is one of the top 3 running backs...probably gone by the 2nd round
phtown

Post by phtown »

headclown wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:18 am It's early for Mock drafts, but Daniel Jerimiah's came out today...and boy oh boy, I want none of the shit he was shuffling. He had the Eagles going:

DE Karaloftis..Not sure what to think about this guy....kind of a Ryan Kerrigan clone
WR Drake London...Eagles just dont have the luck with these PAC-10 receivers
OG Kenyon Green...this is the pick I really hate

Dean and Linderbaum were still on the board for all the Eagles picks along with Garrett Wilson and Jameson Williams
Kerrigan clone would be a pretty good get. If Karaloftis slides to us we have to take him.
phtown

Post by phtown »

These mock draft sites that allow you to accept trades are really interesting. Because the Eagles have picks 15 and 16 (and 19)it is very likely they trade down with at least one of those picks. My guess is they trade back 15 or 16 unless they have their sites set on 2 players who fall to them. They are NOT drafting in can't miss territory so it's hard to imagine them using both 15 and 16 because, if these apps are accurate, the Eagles could add another 2nd round pick by dropping back just 10 or 12 slots. Hard to pass that up. That's 4 potential opening day starters.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

phtown wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:55 pm These mock draft sites that allow you to accept trades are really interesting. Because the Eagles have picks 15 and 16 (and 19)it is very likely they trade down with at least one of those picks. My guess is they trade back 15 or 16 unless they have their sites set on 2 players who fall to them. They are NOT drafting in can't miss territory so it's hard to imagine them using both 15 and 16 because, if these apps are accurate, the Eagles could add another 2nd round pick by dropping back just 10 or 12 slots. Hard to pass that up. That's 4 potential opening day starters.
First-Pick.com is the one I like to play. I know others play it as well.

You can make some pretty good trades on there, however you can't trade active players on your roster, just picks.
sentinelhyder

Post by sentinelhyder »

Brandon Brooks retiring. give howie credit for getting Dickerson. some, including me, blasted that pick due to need, Dickerson's injury, etc.
headclown

Post by headclown »

I saw that he reworked his contract, but how does retiring affect his cap numbers versus being released?
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

Captain Obvious wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:41 pm Cut Brooks.
...or Retire. That's cool.