2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Moderator: FolesMVP09

phtown
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:25 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by phtown »

Good question.
Weapon X
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:09 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by Weapon X »

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ ... ull-trades

Informative article. If it is to be believed Howie already has in mind basically done deals to trade up and trade down scenarios WITH other teams, it begs the question who might he want to trade up for? Kyle Hamilton, Derek Stingley, Jordan Davis, Garrett Wilson? If he can not then does that mean he will trade down? Can't wait for Thursday night.
FolesMVP09
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Weapon X wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:03 pm https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ ... ull-trades

Informative article. If it is to be believed Howie already has in mind basically done deals to trade up and trade down scenarios WITH other teams, it begs the question who might he want to trade up for? Kyle Hamilton, Derek Stingley, Jordan Davis, Garrett Wilson? If he can not then does that mean he will trade down? Can't wait for Thursday night.
I think Davis and Stingley won't be there at 15, even though some mocks have them available, so if they want one of those, he will have to trade up
Weapon X
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:09 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by Weapon X »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:25 pm
Weapon X wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:03 pm https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ ... ull-trades

Informative article. If it is to be believed Howie already has in mind basically done deals to trade up and trade down scenarios WITH other teams, it begs the question who might he want to trade up for? Kyle Hamilton, Derek Stingley, Jordan Davis, Garrett Wilson? If he can not then does that mean he will trade down? Can't wait for Thursday night.
I think Davis and Stingley won't be there at 15, even though some mocks have them available, so if they want one of those, he will have to trade up
Did you watch any of the Georgia games? I am not a person who could evaluate any football player at any time, but I know what my eyes see. Davis seemed to wear down a bit more than the other linemen on Georgia. Why is the question? Not in shape? Overweight? Can a pro team get more out of him? Will this effect his draft position? The same goes for Stingley, is he what he was two years ago? Thats why the article was very interesting. Trade up for who? Or trade down for who? I have no answer to these questions. But what does Howie have going on? Oh well Thursday can't come soon enough.
FolesMVP09
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Weapon X wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:25 am
FolesMVP09 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:25 pm
Weapon X wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:03 pm https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ ... ull-trades

Informative article. If it is to be believed Howie already has in mind basically done deals to trade up and trade down scenarios WITH other teams, it begs the question who might he want to trade up for? Kyle Hamilton, Derek Stingley, Jordan Davis, Garrett Wilson? If he can not then does that mean he will trade down? Can't wait for Thursday night.
I think Davis and Stingley won't be there at 15, even though some mocks have them available, so if they want one of those, he will have to trade up
Did you watch any of the Georgia games? I am not a person who could evaluate any football player at any time, but I know what my eyes see. Davis seemed to wear down a bit more than the other linemen on Georgia. Why is the question? Not in shape? Overweight? Can a pro team get more out of him? Will this effect his draft position? The same goes for Stingley, is he what he was two years ago? Thats why the article was very interesting. Trade up for who? Or trade down for who? I have no answer to these questions. But what does Howie have going on? Oh well Thursday can't come soon enough.
Some - from what I read - his ability to be a 4 down player is in question
Weapon X
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:09 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by Weapon X »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:58 am
Weapon X wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:25 am
FolesMVP09 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:25 pm

I think Davis and Stingley won't be there at 15, even though some mocks have them available, so if they want one of those, he will have to trade up
Did you watch any of the Georgia games? I am not a person who could evaluate any football player at any time, but I know what my eyes see. Davis seemed to wear down a bit more than the other linemen on Georgia. Why is the question? Not in shape? Overweight? Can a pro team get more out of him? Will this effect his draft position? The same goes for Stingley, is he what he was two years ago? Thats why the article was very interesting. Trade up for who? Or trade down for who? I have no answer to these questions. But what does Howie have going on? Oh well Thursday can't come soon enough.
Some - from what I read - his ability to be a 4 down player is in question
As BS used to say at times was my gut is saying...my gut is saying the 1st round especially at the top is not going to go the way many draft-niks/Mel Kiper kinds are prognosticating. Maybe more QB's than presently predicted?

I have read the same on Davis...boom or bust?
FolesMVP09
Posts: 854
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Weapon X wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:18 am
FolesMVP09 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:58 am
Weapon X wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:25 am

Did you watch any of the Georgia games? I am not a person who could evaluate any football player at any time, but I know what my eyes see. Davis seemed to wear down a bit more than the other linemen on Georgia. Why is the question? Not in shape? Overweight? Can a pro team get more out of him? Will this effect his draft position? The same goes for Stingley, is he what he was two years ago? Thats why the article was very interesting. Trade up for who? Or trade down for who? I have no answer to these questions. But what does Howie have going on? Oh well Thursday can't come soon enough.
Some - from what I read - his ability to be a 4 down player is in question
As BS used to say at times was my gut is saying...my gut is saying the 1st round especially at the top is not going to go the way many draft-niks/Mel Kiper kinds are prognosticating. Maybe more QB's than presently predicted?

I have read the same on Davis...boom or bust?
We have seen marginal QBS run up to the top of draft many times. It would be good for the Eagles if that happened
Weapon X
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:09 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by Weapon X »

Another interesting article explaining how the Eagles could get to the 8th or 10th pick by trades. Basically 15 and 51 get you to 8th. 15 a third and fourth get you to 10. This is using Rich Hill's trade chart. I guess you could make the argument that 15 plus a third and 4th gets you Stingley. AND you still have 18 and 51.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/list ... lue-chart/
Ben Grimm
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:33 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by Ben Grimm »

I think Howie trades back with either Pitt or GB in order to gain more picks for next year.
headclown
Posts: 3406
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:56 pm

Re: 2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by headclown »

So after the first night of the Draft, there is a ton of pressure on Nick and Gannon.

On offense:
Superior O Line
Excellent running game
WR with good balance Yac in Brown, route running in Smith, take the top off in Watkins, on of the best overall TE in Goedert, and RBs that all catch the ball well and Gainwell is extremely good. You also have Pascal that is a good redzone target

So Nick is going to have to improve on his game design and obviously Jalen Hurts has to get better on his field vision, but he is young and will work on his weak areas

On Defense:
Gannon Now has a scheme conundrum, his players speak to a 3-4 but he still has several 4-3 personnel. I dont think they need another DE...right now. It will be interesting to see what he does with his LBs
Still lots of needs in the secondary if they truly want to contend

But one of my main complaints with Gannon was that he was extremely passive and he did not disguise anything. Great defenses force the offense into uncomfortable situations...he rarely did that last year...so it will be interesting to see how he adapts now that he has more of "his" guys.
Post Reply