2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Moderator: FolesMVP09

sentinelhyder

Re: 2022 Eagles Offseason Discussion

Post by sentinelhyder »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:10 pm
headclown wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:33 pm I am sick and fucking tired of hearing all this Jalen Hurts bullshit. He is a young man that we should be proud of that he is the leader of our team. He will get better, will be be the best QB in all of football, probably not. But I would ask...all those great QBs, how many SBs have they won lately outside of Tom Brady?

All the pressure IMO is on 3 sets of people.

Nick and his offensive coaches. They have the talent, but play calling must be better than it was last year. But given this was his first year, there was more good than bad, so I have hope.

Gannon and his staff. I HATED Gannon and his scheme and lack of disguise...well no there is no more excuses...His defense is stacked, especially in the front 7 and at CB...safety is the only possible weakness IMO. Too many teams knew they were not going to see anything other then what the pre-snap read looked like. He must be more aggressive on down and distance, which in turn gives you turnovers and better field position

The Medical Staff. They need to be on their game...Injuries can derail any team
Defense should be better, not sure it is stacked, but if a lot of things go right, maybe you will be right. It may take a full season for the rookies to develop. I think an under-rated signing was Kyzir White LB - with him and Dean, Eagles could have their best LB core since the Trotter days

Gannon is a big worry

I think the mass majority of fans are rooting for Hurts and it is great that you are sold that he will be an above average QB. However a lot of people are not, but he will have the opportunity to prove them wrong. If he does, Eagles could win 11+, if not then they need a top 2 pick somehow for the 2023 draft
Gannon was an issue last year but given that they've overhauled their LB corps, I'm thinking the personnel didn't fit the scheme. Yes, Dean fell into their lap but White and Dean are a marked departure from the dreck they've had over the years. Then there's Reddick, the sort of hybrid guy that they've never had. Gannon def has a certain type of player that he wants and hopefully his scheme works with these guys.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Colts sign Eagles legend Nick Foles
awfulstack

Post by awfulstack »

I badly need Jalen Hurts to become a franchise QB1.

Just want to root for him so hard.
headclown

Post by headclown »

awfulstack wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:58 pm I badly need Jalen Hurts to become a franchise QB1.

Yes Sir!!!

I can not wait for Jalen to shut all these media dumbasses up
Jamesj30t

Post by Jamesj30t »

headclown wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:47 pm
awfulstack wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:58 pm I badly need Jalen Hurts to become a franchise QB1.

Yes Sir!!!

I can not wait for Jalen to shut all these media dumbasses up
Let's hope so.
BelmontShore
Site Admin

Post by BelmontShore »

Addendum.

Roseman signs Tartt as a veteran safety which would seem to close out the roster for training camp, unless they add a veteran RB to take Howard's spot. They're likely very happy with the RBs since even the deep reserves were effective during injuries at RB.
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

OMG just stop with the Dream Team bullshit...
FolesMVP09

Post by FolesMVP09 »

D Gunn is usually pretty plugged in

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/202 ... delphia-qb

Obviously, all of us, hope that Hurts takes a big step forward this year. I remain very skeptical which is why I continue to shake my head at all the talk of the Eagles being the favorite in the NFC East

2 months until we start to find out. I doubt we see Hurts in the preseason
adamcru

Post by adamcru »

FolesMVP09 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:15 pm D Gunn is usually pretty plugged in

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/202 ... delphia-qb

Obviously, all of us, hope that Hurts takes a big step forward this year. I remain very skeptical which is why I continue to shake my head at all the talk of the Eagles being the favorite in the NFC East

2 months until we start to find out. I doubt we see Hurts in the preseason
It would be a real shame if this is true. If he can’t put it together with these weapons around him, I’m not sure what else the Eagles can do for him.